Sunday, October 6, 2013

Opal is One



I don't believe that a year has passed as fast as this one with our little Opal.  It truly does seem like just yesterday that her brothers and I went to the hospital to see her for the first time.  But there she is, a year bigger and celebrating being "1" with her brothers and her cousin, Oscar.


Her parents lit a candle, we sang "Happy Birthday," and grandpa led us in a clap.  That's right, just one.


Then the candle was removed and the cake was all hers.


"Really, just for me?"


It didn't take long to get the hang of it.  You can see the joy in those toes.


It was a clapping, good time.


And she played on even as the "other" cake disappeared.


Happy birthday sweet girl!  I hope that you like your new pinwheel quilt.  I made it just for you.

No comments: