Saturday, October 12, 2013

Manti Temple


From Fairview, we continued south on Highway 89 passing through Mt. Pleasant which my ancestors helped settle.  Then we came upon the beautiful Manti Temple.


I couldn't resist stopping on such a lovely day with amazing clouds and more subdued light.


There is truly something special about this particular temple, the architecture, the way it stands on a rise and greets travelers on the 89.


We pulled into the cemetery on the other side of the highway so that I could snap some pictures.  I really am showing just a few.


Then we drove around to the south side.


I loved those windowed towers and the way the sky shines through.


I've decided that this is where I want to stay in the future for an overnight.


A little cottage across the street from the temple.

No comments: