Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Grows


I finally completely finished my Love Grows little quilt.  It only took me a year to pull it out again.  Something to do with hearts this time of year I guess.  I also think that I was finally confident enough to do the machine quilting.


And this is where it ended up, on a tension rod in front of the fireplace.


That is one drafty fireplace insert (which we hope to replace in the near future) and my quilt was just the right size, so hubby came up with the idea to hang it there.  I actually like it better than I thought I would.  Maybe I will have to make more seasonal small quilts 36 inches square.  Please don't be concerned, we also turned the pilot light off.


I even machine quilted looping hearts along the border.


I went with yo yo flowers for the grow part.


It has been a long time since I made yo yo flowers.  Janae, do you remember that outfit?


I love this heart garland I bought years ago.


I brought my Valentine decorations box from Arizona on my last road trip.


I also moved these pictures from my Arizona sewing room.  It is my family through the early years and a great memory board.  On this day of love, may I say how much I love my family which now includes five in-laws and almost a dozen grand children as well as the sweet faces above.


I hope that you are having a great Valentine's Day. . .


and are remembering to "always look on the bright side of life."

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love the quilt. It's so festive and beautiful! Thanks for sending the kids Valentine's cards -- they LOVE getting mail. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Glen!