Monday, February 10, 2014

Farmer's Wife Revisited


These are my first ten blocks from my Craftsy class, The Farmer's Wife Quilt Revival, using simplified cutting and piecing techniques.  I bought my Farmer's Wife book several years ago, made one block, and then put it away for a better day.  When I saw links to this class, I knew the better day had arrived.


I am using this assortment of Picket Fence by Chloe's Closet for Moda fabrics also purchased several years ago.


These are the blocks for my February class.  Directions for ten more blocks are released each month.  There are 111 Farmer's Wife blocks in all so this will last through 2014.  One pays monthly for the pattern for each set of 10 blocks.  I have completed block one with five more cut out and ready to sew.


I have also pulled the fabric for three more blocks.  I am trying to use as many fabrics as possible each month.  I am really excited that this is working so well for me.  You should have seen that poor block I made before I gave it up years ago.  I think this is going to be a very cheerful quilt.  If I loved the fabric way back when, then I usually still love it when I pull it out again.

No comments: