Thursday, January 17, 2013

I give you my heart



This is what I've been working on as I sit inside at my new sewing machine trying to stay warm.  It literally warms my heart and satisfies my love for the color red.  I pulled out a pattern purchased last year, pulled the reds and creams from my stash along with some greens, and got to work on something scrappy.


It begins small (those are one inch squares) and then it grows in layers including,


a row of pinwheel blocks, another border, then corner pieces of green and cream squares and four pinwheel blocks also bordered.


Finally a red stop border and an outer border of a small red print


with corner heart blocks finished off with applique leaves.


I credit my new machine for accuracy and the ability to make this little 35 inch square of loveliness.  I would sew and then the pattern would say, "It should measure ___ inches" and it would!  Dual feed - where have you been all my life?! 

I need to finish it up.  I did go shopping to find the perfect binding.  I'm almost afraid to quilt it for fear that I will spoil it. Pattern is "Love Grows" by T-nee's Pieced Quilts.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Firstie.
-Heather

LaNell said...

Love it! So glad you are loving your new machine.

Susan said...

Beautiful! I love all the bright, fun colors.

Heidi said...

I love it. I wish I could sew like you.

Gayle said...

I can tell you feel a great sense of accomplishment - and you SHOULD! What a darling little quilt - and perfect for the season. Hope you can get it quilted soon!

lobunker said...

absolutely adorable!!

Heather said...

Hehe-sorry. Perfect for Valentines day!