Back in May I began working on Ruby's quilt. I wanted her to have a quilt made from the Ruby line from Bonnie and Camille.
I purchased a layer cake because I wanted a bit of each fabric in the line.
By the time I got it all together, it also had a border from Modern Vintage.
With the new machine, I jumped right in and machine quilted it. I even got brave and used the BSR stitch regulator on my new sewing machine.
She and her sister share a room, so I'd been waiting for Marmalade to make an appearance.
This one is for Sadie, it coordinates but is different. More about it here.
It also has a border of Vintage Modern and a bit of Ruby to finish out the blocks.
Baby sister, Mabel, has a smaller size quilt made from the leftovers.
I just reversed the colors, with blue/gray dot sashing and red dot corner squares.
I loved the splash of orange and yellow in Marmalade.
I also made labels for the quilt backs using the new sewing machine. I included a bit of selvage for each one to identify the main fabric line.
I used two layers of fabric for stability, then I trimmed the under fabric edge by 1/4 inch and needle turn appliqued the labels to the back.
It felt good to be able to add the "2012."
Three finished quilts for three cute sisters.
And it all began because one was named Ruby.