Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sunflowers and a Full House




The creative highlights of this week are my sunflowers and the completion of Full House.  I know I can't take much credit for nature's part in the sunflowers.  I did, however, find the seeds for these adorable two foot miniatures and plant them in prepared soil in a cute place for everyone to see as they drive by.


I pieced Full House back in March from charm packs of 1962 Battle Hymn of the Republic by Barbara Brackman and Jo Morton shirtings using a Schnibbles pattern.  It seemed appropriate to finish Full House as that is what we had over the Fourth.  More about those great times later.  Right now, I'm concentrating on the sunflowers.  They make me so happy!


This big one in another planter makes me happy, too.  Just look at all that yellow.



This is Glen's lone survivor from the corner.  He planted his sunflower seeds back in February.  See those clouds.  Arizona hearts are happy.  The summer rains are finally here.



And now back to my sunflowers.  Don't you feel happier?




There you have it.  A whole row of cheerfulness.



And Arizona sunshine.  These sweet babies seem to like it hot.

1 comment:

larainydays said...

Those are the happiest flowers I've ever seen. Are you're sure they're real?