Friday, July 6, 2012

Another series coming from BBC


I  just finished this memoir, The Midwife, by Jennifer Worth who was a midwife during the 1950's in London's East End. It was an engaging read and I enjoyed it immensely.  Any woman who has ever given birth and really anyone else will find the midwife's work interesting and informative.  But most of all, I enjoyed the story of the personal growth of a young woman has she stretches and gains skills in her service as a midwife while coming to understand and strengthen herself.  Loved it!


It pays to read one's emails from PBS for that is where I learned about a new BBC series entitled Call the Midwife which is based on Jennifer Worth's book.  It is also when I became aware of the book as well and then found it at the library.  The series is slated to begin broadcasting in the United States this Fall on PBS stations. I can't wait!

2 comments:

larainydays said...

Yea! It will fill the void until Downton Abbey returns.

Gayle said...

Thanks for the info - PBS has some of the BEST shows on TV! I'll be watching for this one now that I know about it.....