Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sally's girls

I had the great pleasure of spending Friday afternoon with Sally's girls. Sally was participating in a Ragnar relay race through the Arizona desert. I was part of a relay of child care providers.

In all, she ran 18.5 miles as her part of a team effort. I'm noticing that there are many young mothers who seem to be running these days in all kinds of events and races.

I'm glad that wasn't the thing to do back in my young motherhood days. I had a hard time just running the mile in PE.

Really, I'm quite in awe of their desire to be physically fit and of the satisfaction they must feel after challenging one's self to do difficult things and succeeding.

I just wanted Sally to see that even though her girls missed her, they were still showing their smiles, especially little Mae. She is a most delightful baby!

For pictures of the "Babes with Babes" Ragnar team doing their thing go here.

1 comment:

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

I'm glad they have such great grandparents to smile at. Thanks for helping so much!