Saturday, February 12, 2011

Aunt Willie's Sugar Cookie Recipe

I love this recipe. One adds the liquid to the flour mixture. The dough is a great consistency and easy for the little ones to roll out and cut - almost like "Play dough." It also has a great flavor! My cousin Gayla shared her mother's recipe on the Nyborg family's My Family web site a couple of years ago. Thanks Gayla!

Wil’s Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. sugar

2 cubes real butter

4 c. flour

2 t. baking powder

1/4-1 t. nutmeg (your family's preference)

1/2 t. salt

2 eggs

1 T. vanilla

cream



Directions:

Beat sugar and butter together until fluffy. Add flour, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder.

(It will seem like pie dough before you add the liquid.)
 In at least a 1 cup measuring cup, beat the two eggs. Add the vanilla, then enough cream to make one cup. Pour a stream of this mixture into flour and butter mixture.
 Roll out and bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool and frost. 
(Or freeze and frost later.)



Number Of Servings: 3-4 dozen

My modifications: I double this recipe and mix in my Bosch mixer. Buy a pint of cream if doubling recipe. I use left over cream in the icing for cookies:

1 pound powdered sugar
1/2 stick of softened butter
1 t. of vanilla
cream (enough to make right spreading consistency)

For pictures, see previous post.

2 comments:

Laura Louise Cox said...

Mmm these sound delicious!

I'm going to try this recipe I think. A picture of the finished product would be good so that I know what to aim for :)

Love

Laura

xxx

Visit my blog please:

http://inthisboxofgoodies.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

I love this recipe, too. It's the only one I use now. My favorite frosting is the buttercream one from one of the Lion House cookbooks. Yum!