Friday, February 27, 2009

Three good things

1. The Binky has been located. Please let me know if I should lose it again.

2. I got the cute stripped pitcher for $2.99. Because it was such a buy, I now have two.

3. Do you see that beautiful yellow tomato? I picked it this morning. It is a Russian heirloom tomato named "Azoychka" (Ah-ZOYVH-kah.) As a seedling in a four inch pot, it cost $2.00 more than the pitcher when I purchased it last October from Laurel's Heirloom Tomatoes (no relation:)

I quote, "A spectacular Russian heirloom, "Azoychka" has become a favorite of chefs and tomato lovers world wide. It has a delightful yet subtle hint of citrusy flavor."

I'm off to my own private taste testing. If you are intrigued, there will be plenty more ripe yellow ones in no time!

2 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

Your garden looks so great right now. When people are saying that they are just planting a garden in Arizona right now, it makes me confused.

I'm glad you are finally getting some good tomatoes. We have been eating ours for a couple of weeks now.

I love that pitcher. I need to start planning my bunco Saturday in April with you soon.

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Saw those pitchers yesterday...love them! We'll hold on to the binkies at least until after we go to CA. Potty training was enough for my mom to handle. Thanks again for all that you do. I love all the fairy pictures!