Thursday, February 5, 2009

5th Day of Love

Laurel and Glen, Mesa Arizona Temple, December 1974

I love Glen because he always supports me in my personal growth. He became my temple prep tutor during our engagement. He helped instill a great love for the temple as we journeyed through those first months together as a committed couple preparing for a temple marriage.

Glen and Laurel exit the Mesa Arizona Temple, April 1975


While on our honeymoon in Central California, we traveled early one morning north to San Francisco. Our first stop was the Oakland Temple. It was a beautiful and memorable experience. Twenty-five years later we went to San Francisco again on an anniversary trip. Once again we ventured out early in the morning to attend the Oakland Temple.

Glen and Laurel, Oakland Temple, April 1975

Glen has and continues to support me in every church calling. He has encouraged me as I learned to do new things and tried new hobbies. He was my champion when I returned to school. He hung in there with me as we shifted roles a bit when I began to teach full-time. He discusses books, movies, current events, and gospel related topics with me. He is my best friend and cheerleader.

1 comment:

j said...

Laurel, I am loving your 14 Days of Love!! Spectacular!!!! I have learned so much from this sweet couple. And, oh my gosh: you simply look gorgeous. And you still look pretty and I have to agree with my sister "She looks like Superman's mom". You are beautiful!!!!