Sunday, February 8, 2009

8th Day of Love

On Grandma Baker's Love seat, early 1975

I love Glen because he does little, tender things that show me that he really cares. I missed one of my weekly tender moments today. We took separate cars to church because I had to do stake business right after our meetings. I was also a bit slower getting ready, so by the time I arrived, Janae and Raymond had surprised us with a visit to our ward and were already seated on our bench. (It's the third from the front on the right side and really, it's pretty much ours!) This meant that I was seated on the aisle, not next to Glen. After the sacrament, he always reaches over and takes my hand. Today I missed that warm gentle squeeze that lets me know he cares.

3 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

Mom, I'm pretty impressed you have kept this going for 8 days straight! I'm glad I could help you out today with one more.

Vagabond Mother said...

I also love seeing the old pictures, a lot of them are new to me. They are really great.

Susan said...

Laurel - Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying all these glimpses into your and Glen's relationship. It's been lots of fun to read. I'm so glad Eric and I have the examples of our parents to show us what good, strong marriages look like.