Friday, February 13, 2009

13th Day of Love

I love Glen because he is a very generous person. He is generous with his time, his talents, his resources, and his love. In our early marriage I often felt like he was "generous to a fault." I've changed my mind on this one as well. It really is better to be optimistic, friendly and generous.

The photo is of something red that Glen gave me this week for Valentine's Day. It is a gel mat to stand on during long stints in the kitchen. I loved it this morning as I made rolls for a missionary zone conference. These five rolls are the ones I saved for Glen. I felt slightly guilty when an elder sought me out and asked if there were any more rolls, but only slightly. I thought my generous man deserved some, too.

This is the something red that I got Glen for Valentine's Day. I went to his section of the bookstore to find this book. The red cover was important, but I also liked the title.

Yes, the flap is covering up the "Oriental Trader" logo on this box which arrived this week. Glen was asked to host the HP Valentine Social in his beautiful backyard and of course, generously said, "Yes." It looks like he has also decided to decorate.

I really do appreciate all the generous things that he does. Most of them are in a quiet, anonymous manner. I'll keep it that way.

1 comment:

j said...

Oh, I do want some rolls too!!!! I'm kidding but that is true. I am a big fan of your rolls. Happy 13th day of love : )