Saturday, February 14, 2009

14th Day of Love

Glen and Laurel, BYU Campus, 1994

I love Glen because he has always been willing to meet me in the middle. In a 34 year marriage, there have been many opportunities for compromise. It's not always easy to negotiate and to be respectful enough to listen and ponder one another's point of view, but it is necessary. It also involves trust; trust that you will not be belittled for your feelings or ideas.

In the photo we are back on the campus where we first met in 1974. We are visiting our oldest son, now a freshman at BYU and who has already met his future mate, Susan. As I have posted my 14 Days of Love, it has reminded me that we are all a part of the circle of love and the flow of life. Generations come and go but the most important thing is to LOVE one another.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

Thanks for letting Raymond share most of Valentine's Day with you, now he might go to bed early for me tonight.

I'm amazed you kept all these posts up with your busy week!

Susan said...

I don't think I've ever seen this picture of you guys, although I vaguely remember the day it was taken. The photo of me and Eric in front of the same piece is one of my favorites from our dating years.

It was fun to read your Valentine's posts. Thanks for the cards you sent the kids - they loved getting mail and getting 2 "twos."