Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Part 1


Halloween was so much fun this year.  My daughter's family joined us on the Thursday night before at our church trunk or treat and chili cook off.  I loved the costumes which my grand children decided on this year.  He may be a Red Coat, but he is a proud one.  He is a serious student of military engagements.


Ah, a Pikman.  I didn't know what that was but then I don't play video games.  This Pikman was sure a cute one.


Maybe some people didn't pick their costume.  Back around her birthday, she was all about mermaids so this is the costume that grandma (myself) bought for her at Costco. Ummm, slightly suggestive when worn but isn't she just beautiful?


She was still adorable.  Grandpa held on tight as she stood on the back of the Tahoe.  He's protective like that.


Such sweet siblings!


I took the easy way out and decorated our "trunk" by clipping a table topper I'd made to the top of the interior.


It was so fun to have them join us and the kids had a great time going from car to car in a full parking lot.


The next morning I headed north to Lehi to watch the elementary school parade.  One has to go early to get a seat.


It was a packed house full of proud parents and grandparents and students in costumes.


My daughter later told me that someone actually counted and there were 116 portrayals of Elsa via Frozen.


That works out to over 10% of the school enrollment of 1,000 with blond braids.  There were also several Annas and an Olaf or two.


This cute Red Coat apparently had a slight altercation at recess with a fourth grade George Washington.  His mother reports that he wanted to call him a "star spangled meanie" but held his tongue.


I loved that the teachers went all out as well.  The Red Coat had Viola Swamp as teacher for a day.


It was a great time and I was so happy to be invited.

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

I am so glad we went to your trunk or treat! I think Opal enjoyed that more than going around the neighborhood. I love that parade, even though it is always such a crowd!