Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas Quilty Fun Sew Along


I am participating in an Instagram sew along for the first time.  All of these pictures were taken with my new phone and all of the sew along instructions along with pictures were via Instagram.  Lori Holt (Instragram @beelori1) called it #haveyourselfaquiltylittlechristmas if you would like to follow along.  In order to participate one needs to have a copy of Lori's book, "Quilty Fun."  Some of the block directions are found in her book.  I made another sampler sew along using her book last spring.  You can see more here.


The directions for the house were in the book.  However, the tree, gingerbread man, and stocking and other Christmasy instructions were on Instagram.  Pretty fun way to sew, just keep your phone handy on your sewing table.


There was not a final result shown at the beginning for Lori was designing, sewing, and sharing as we went along.  I would have fun trying to puzzle out how it would all be sewn together.


The final and 15th block was this cute series of wreaths with bright red bows which will be sewn on after the quilting is completed.


I worked on the scrappy borders (instructions given in Lori's book, "Quilty Fun," yesterday.


I finished before I went to bed last night and took a picture this afternoon.  Isn't it great?!  Most of the fabric was from my stash of leftovers.  I did buy some Christmas fabrics including the peppermint stripe, Santa, and dark green fabric.  I have something in mind for an added outside border and it will be bound with the remaining peppermint stripe fabric.  It has been so much "quilty fun."

1 comment:

Susan said...

Adorable! I love all the bright, festive colors.