Thursday, March 28, 2013
More of my own BOM
I did it! I finished two appliqued blocks this month to make up for not doing one in February. See that fabric under the alphabet block? I was searching for the perfect fabric because it is used over and over in the quilt top. The one fabric in the Le Petite Ecole line from French General that I could not find online was supposed to go there. I looked every where for a substitute, even bought one, wasn't happy with it, and finally found the French General Favorites at the Fat Quarter Shop and discovered this fabric which is close but different. I even like it more. It's perfect! Loved stitching all those stockings.
I just finished block number 3. It includes one of the Ohio Star blocks I made earlier. The pattern calls for buttons on the package bows which I wouldn't want to place before quilting. I'm not even sure that is what I want to do so I might just add more applique later. All the applique that you see is done using the back basting method. I'm so happy that I learned this technique which has opened up so many other possibilities for me.
There you have it, the top row and first three blocks. Six more blocks to go and then two months for finishing and "The Night Before Christmas" by Bunny Hill designs can go up on the wall.