Friday, August 24, 2012

Missionary Bookends


I've been spending time this week with my nephew, Jason, and his mother and my sister, Lynette.  Elder Jason Bunker just returned with honor from the Canada Vancouver Mission and will start classes at BYU next week.


We also got to go to Heaps Brick Oven Pizza for lunch with my nephew, Matthew, and his parents before they dropped him off at the MTC to begin his mission.  Elder Matthew Palmer will be going to the Portland Oregon Mission.  He completed his first year at BYU last April.  He is flanked by his father, Monty, and his mother and my sister, Janis.


Glen and I were honored to be invited to lunch with Elder Palmer and his parents.  We all shared missionary stories and advice and good wishes.  Seeing these two great young men coming and going from their missions has brought back memories and  feelings I had when my sons served as Mormon missionaries.  Missionary service really does change lives - both ways.

No comments: