A part of renting to students is the decision of what to do with what is left behind. Most often it is sent on to the DI, but occasionally there is a keeper. I must admit that I checked out bloggers who paint furniture and then post before and after pictures as well as painting tips before tackling this rehab project. And now I give you my before. . .
. . . and after. I knew it was a keeper because of the good construction, dove tail joints, dust covers for each drawer, and good proportions. I was out about $50 for really good paint, sanding block, brush, and new door pulls. I think it was worth it and the dresser looks great in the "brown" bedroom in Provo.
I did a major clean out of the townhouse this summer. Items first went to the Ranes family garage sale and then those leftovers went to DI. I now have two refurbished guest rooms available for visitors.