Sunday, November 16, 2008

Toby smiles for his birthday

Some babies are born too small. You copied your brother and joined your family 11 weeks early. This meant that you were barely an armful and had to spend time in the NICU.

The nurses, of course, loved you, too. They created your own bulletin board of important things. When you came home from the hospital at just 4 lbs., you seemed too small and frail for my big hands. I would carefully put on your undershirts hoping not to hurt you. Some of my favorite Sunday afternoons were the ones when I would send your mom off to RS and I would stay at your home cuddling you. You were too small to interact with the big, wide world.

Now you have grown and grown and you talk to me on the telephone. You love coming to our house and that makes us very happy.

You manage to find all sorts of very interesting things to do.

Keep on smiling while you are "4" and enjoy every minute! Grandma and Grandpa wish you a very
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

Happy birthday Toby! I remember the week you were born- lots of fun days with Heather and T.J.! Love you!