Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nate & Kyle hold a garage sale

Janae is holding a garage sale on Saturday morning. I offered to help while reminiscing about Nate's garage sale. She then went right to the expert, so Nathan will drive straight down from Utah to her house on Friday night so as to be there for the big event. Nichelle can't wait to do her part by holding Henry. Nathan has always loved to sell things. He would beg me to sign up for the snack bar at the baseball fields so that he could be behind the counter. Remember the snack wagon? He was in his element exchanging coins for treats. He begged to have a garage sale, so I pulled together what I could part with and he and Kyle organized it and ran it.

While going through his photo albums to find the garage sale picture, I run across this gem. It really should have made my Halloween post. Ah, the cousins, how cute you were (and are:)

I also found this picture and almost cried. What a great way to end a day, reading a bedtime story to one you love. I can't believe he's getting married, for this seems like only yesterday. Troubles would start her nightly bed swap here. When Janae went to bed she would come and take Troubles with her and shut her door. David would merely open Nae's door on his way to bed, and Troubles would follow him - UNLESS I was up doing my ASU homework. Then she would leave Dave and sit by my feet until I was finished. I guess she knew I needed her support as well. That's really what dogs are for you know, support and unconditional love.

2 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

What funny pictures. . . Raymond is loving looking at them (yes, he should be in bed). I hope I get everything ready in time! If not, I'll just do my best.

Vagabond Mother said...

Mom~ Let me know how Dad does today.

Love you.