Saturday, May 17, 2008

I haven't blogged 'cause I've been away

I have been at the computer, for hours, just not on my blogspot. I returned to Dryden, New York, as I entered names into the new.familysearch.org. I found a family genealogy for Samuel Givens of Dryden and his descendants online. I had felt some urgency about that line which ties into Melinda Foote, daughter of David and sister of Warren. I felt like I had hit the mother lode. I will be in touch with the family of George Givens (whom we met in Nauvoo in 2001 and who passed away in 2004) to let them know when all the names are entered and temple ready, but I feel sure they will want some help, especially with the endowments. I will eventually show you how to find the names on line to take with you to the temple.

3 comments:

Cire said...

Cool! Let me know - I'd love to learn the whole process!

Avis La Fin said...

Wow, Laurel, I'm envious. Our temple district has not yet been approved for the new familysearch. Good luck. Julie K

Vagabond Mother said...

That is a very great find!