Thursday, May 22, 2008

21 Years Ago, Same day of the week, Same time

I realized today that 21 years ago today in 1987, Nathan was born on a Thursday night, just like this May 22nd. The hospital where he was born in Mesa closed this year. A newer, bigger hospital opened right off the freeway further east where all the new growth has occurred. I still remember the night of Nate's birth fairly well. I had found that a pregnancy in my 30's was more difficult than the other four during my 20's. I was more than ready for his appearance. Once I was at the hospital, contractions slowed down, so Glen and walked and walked around the hospital to start things up once more. Finally, at 10:22 pm or 22:22 military time, Nate made his appearance, all 22 inches of him. Next year, we will have to have a special celebration with him as he turns 22 on May 22. His father, lover of numbers, has always relished in Nate's birthday of 2's. I have always relished in his love of people and life demonstrated in the picture above.

3 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

Did you mean to make the post time 10:22 pm exactly as well??????

What a sweet picture of Nathan. He grew up really fast. I guess we all did.

Susan said...

Happy birthday, Nate!

We all miss Nate because he's just so much fun to be around. The kids, especially, are anxious to see him when he gets home from his mission. It says a lot about you, Laurel, to have raised such a nice, fun, worthy guy like Nate.

Laurel said...

Yeah, I did try to make my post time 10:22 pm. I'm glad that you noticed.