Friday, July 11, 2014

Thanksgiving Point


Last week I found myself walking the Thanksgiving Point Gardens at sunset. I love the garden in July when the hollyhocks reign.


The bees love the hollyhocks as well.  Evey bloom seemed to have a visitor.


And there were enough blooms for all.


I grow hollyhocks in Arizona but the vibrant colored ones never seem to do well.


I have to be content with sturdy white ones and maybe some pinks.



There were other blooms.


Lovely ones which don't shout for attention.


I even found some bougainvillea in the Secret Garden, potted of course so that it can go back inside during winter.  Now that is a plant that thrives in Arizona.


Much of what I like in the Secret Garden is the wall and structures.


I seem to always photograph the angel on the other side, so made a point to include this one.


The secret passage way which was all the sweeter for the honeysuckle is blooming.


The French Garden has been updated.


New paint and the horses on the carousal now have hanging flowers rather than becoming topararies.


It really is quite lovely.



There was much to see on my walk . . .


but I was there to celebrate the 4th of July . . .


with a concert by the Utah Symphony followed by fireworks over the waterfalls.

No comments: