Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sewing this week . . .


Ten more blocks completed for a total of twenty for my Great Granny Quilt.  I played around with placement while my sheets were in the washer.  I really do love this cheery quilt made from Vintage Happy by Lori Holt as is the pattern.  The top is now all sashed together with corner blocks and I am working on the inner, outer, and diamond borders.


Saturday Sampler at American Quilting is winding down.  This month's assignment was to make a giant square within a square with the house  and green strip set.  It was a bit scary but I just followed directions which included using freezer paper cut to size and ironed to the rough house block so that it could be cut exactly to measurement.  I hand sewed on the rick rack.  Next month, finishing instructions.  I can hardly wait!

***For the first time ever, I took a quilt top and back to be quilted by a long arm quilter.  My Quilty Fun Sew Along Sampler quilt just called from some good all over quilting.  It was so hard to turn it over to someone else.  I no longer felt like the "boss of my own quilt."


No comments: