After an hour of seam ripper use I decided to take a break and show what I have been working on that has not required the seam ripper. I finished block #7 of my "Night Before Christmas" quilt top. Only two more to go and I already have part of #8 done. I've been able to pretty much complete one appliqued block per month.
I made twenty 7 1/2 inch blocks for my Madeline Schnibbles quilt. I picked up the Madeline pattern from the quilt store in Ithaca, New York while on vacation because I thought I might make it from the leftover French General fabrics I am using for "Nigh Before Christmas."
I changed my mind when I came across two charm packs of "Dancing in the Rain" fabric designed by Laundry Basket for 40% off. I just couldn't resist and found some light backgrounds in my stash to make it work. I decided to make this quilt top less scrappy and larger than Madeline's, especially since I had two charm packs. Mine will be 4 x 5 blocks instead of 3 x 3. I am still auditioning before sewing. I change things around and then have a look from the top of the stairs. I then I change some more. Every time I head back up stairs for another reason, I find something else to change. It's a house of cards I tell you, move one block then move the rest as well.
I made these matching owl pillows for the Baker Reunion raffle. I placed a folded $2 bill in the wing pocket of each one. Two siblings won the owls. Unfortunately, one was a boy and not so thrilled. I hope he figured out a solution. I also made a blue owl for my Sadie girl. Sadie's is blue striped with a polka dot tummy. That makes seven owls this summer. I declare a hiatus!
Now back to adjusting and redoing all that sashing. Maybe I will share that project next week.