Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend doings


It was a beautiful weekend.  Friends and family dropped by to spend some time with us in the backyard.



Last night all the local grandkids and their parents came to help Grandpa Glen roast hot dogs in the fireplace.  Oh, and to eat them and play tag.  Saturday night Eric and his son, TJ, went to Priesthood Session with Grandpa then came over to dine in this same spot on leftover 15 bean and ham soup and biscuits.  TJ is definitely getting older.  He used to be a very picky eater.  Now he slurps down things like ham and bean soup.  He also downed a few homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. I can't even really describe how much I enjoy this outdoor space during Arizona springtime. It is close to heaven especially when filled with friends and family.
 

This is what I worked on during General Conference this year.  I am now officially finished with half the bird blocks for my Cherry Tweet quilt.


There will be five total.  I say half because this one is not quite finished.  There are four more cherries to needle turn and sew down and stems to embroider.  Maybe I will finish the last two blocks during October Conference.  April Conference was great and I will be listening to several of the talks again.  So can you by going here.  They will bring you enlightenment, peace, and comfort.

No comments: