Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Singing Mothers (and aunts and grandmas)

Last evening's program, "The Spirit of Relief Society," which included a tribute to the "Singing Mothers" reminded me of this picture from the past. These are the "Singing Mothers" of Sugar City, Idaho. It's not dated, but the hair styles appear to be from the late 1930's or early 1940's. My childhood memory recognizes many of the faces, all sisters or sister-in-laws of my grandma Georgianna Ricks Ostler. For your information:

Back row: Mary Ricks Thomas, first on the left; Georgianna Ricks Ostler, fourth from left; Fontella Ricks Davis, second from the right.

Front row: Marjorie Ricks Romrell, fourth from the left; Rachel Jenkins Ricks, third from the left.

Last night, the generations of Relief Society were honored. I thank my great-aunts and my grandmother for their service and good example. They all influenced and enriched my young life.

No comments: