Monday, August 1, 2011

July's Civil War Blocks

Once again, I'm caught up with the Civil War Quilt blog. There were five Saturdays in July, thus five blocks were introduced. This is Block #27, Irish Chain.

Block #28, Next Door Neighbor. The directions said to use as many different fabrics as possible.

Block #29, Railroad Crossing. I used one of my striped fabrics and changed the dimensions on the railroad portion of my block. I have also been fussy cutting flowers from some fabric which was included in a Lewis & Clark commemoration fabric pack from 2004.

Block #30, Peterson's Stars and Stripes. I finally got brave and appliqued this larger star on top of various stripes.

Block #31, Empty Spools. I recently picked up the wood grained fabric as a remnant. I thought it was fitting for an empty spool.

I have been busy with other sewing projects, but finally got to the July blocks over the weekend. I never skip reading the Civil War History part each Saturday, but I often postpone making the quilt block.

No comments: