Thursday, June 10, 2010

My first sweater

I finally finished my first sweater after knitting baby wash clothes, blankets, and sock monkeys.

It's a doll sweater but has just about as many stitches and work as a full size sweater.

That is because I used the little needles for this project!

It gives me the confidence to attempt a sweater for a real person; if I can find a real person who would wear a sweater that I made.

The doll is mine. Kirsten from Sweden is the American Doll that I would have picked if these dolls had been a part of my childhood. When they announced they were retiring Kirsten, I immediately got out my credit card and ordered her on-line. Kirsten might not need a sweater in the summer in Arizona but she really lived in Minnesota so it all works out.

I think that I was drawn to Kirsten because I have Swedish ancestors (Nyborgs) who joined the Mormon church in the 1850's and then immigrated by ship to the United States. That was just the beginning of their journey as they then crossed the plains to join the Mormon saints in what would become the state of Utah.

2 comments:

larainydays said...

That is so pretty Laurel. I covet those dolls too.

lobunker said...

Brittany has a Kirsten Doll, I had no idea they were retiring her. Do you want to knit one for Brittany's K.!!???!!!???