Friday, June 11, 2010

Artful day in Mesa

Today was a day for "Messy Art" at the Arizona Museum for Youth. Raymond and Henry painted and swatted and stamped. We also had a great time looking at all the exhibits.

Then it was time to introduce two more of my grandchildren to the gigantic sculpture downtown. I had shared the book about Grant Wood, artist of "American Gothic," as part of story time the night before. Raymond was pretty impressed upon seeing them in person and I had to remind him that they weren't alive. I asked Ray if he thought the man looked like Grant Wood's dentist and the woman like his sister. He answered, "I think the man looks more like his doctor!"

Now you know the answers to a question in a previous post.

I don't think Janae's been knee high to anyone for quite awhile.

The "God Bless America" sculpture will be in downtown Mesa until July 15, 2010. Enjoy the video taken the day it arrived in town.

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

The house is so strange and lonely with you guys gone! Thank you for such a fun Friday, it was a perfect day.