Sunday, June 20, 2010

Memories and Father's Day


Eric at 6 weeks smiling at Glen

On this Father's Day, Glen and I have just returned from Utah where we said a formal goodbye to Glen's brother Grant Ray Jensen. It's difficult to believe that he is actually gone from this life. As we drove to and from Utah, we had time to reflect on family and memories. Glen's father always said that it was important to "make a memory." This last week we made more memories. I'll share a few in a later post.

While gone, our oldest son became one year older. I love the above picture of him giving his father a great big smile. On this day, I wish Glen a wonderful Father's Day and Eric a belated happy birthday.

To the sons and son-in-law of my beautiful grandchildren, Happy Father's Day! As I watch each of you parent, I am so impressed with your gentleness and fine example. I also love watching you create memories for your little ones. Thank you!

On Thursday evening, the Draper Historic Theatre community met together to reminisce about one of their own. They let Grant's (Ray's) family join with them in a wonderful evening of memories and love.


Grant at Moon Lake with Richard and Michelle, Summer 1979
(Eric and Ryan are in the background)

One of the memories I shared was of Grant as a young, single father who gave his children so much love and care. His children were so important to him, that he became their primary caregiver. I will always remember his dedication as a young father to his children.

No comments: