Wednesday, March 12, 2008

White shortalls was what she wanted

Since Janae told us all more than we could possibly already know about her birthday, I am merely adding a picture for possible inclusion under "Notable BD gifts." Here we are at the happiest place on earth on Spring Break 1992, shortly after Janae's 10th birthday. Please notice, she is indeed wearing the now infamous white shortalls, still very white and pristine. I have a feeling that the fanny pack may also be new, but I'm not sure, Janae will have to fill us in.

This photo could also be used to illustrate her also mentioned four handsome brothers (before starting to loose their hair.) Perhaps it could be even be titled, "My mother 10 years after her 10 year high school reunion." Or, "My brother, Nathan, the cutest little boy in the whole world."

Oh, those were happy times. I miss them often, but enjoy all the new people who have joined us and all the present day memories in the making. Janae, however, did fail to mention one very important "Notable shared birthday." Sweet Baby James, one of her mom's favorite singers who helped her get through junior college. I would go into the MCC library and check out earphones and his music to listen to while I decompressed and did my homework.

So sweetie, add James Taylor to your shared BD list.

Now for the sentimental stuff. I made a blessing dress while pregnant with you (it won a ribbon at the county fair by the way) because I already had three boys and I needed to be ready for my girl. I also had made pink lace trimmed nightgowns and your father really was worried about my sanity if you came out a boy. But you didn't, and you were beautiful, and you looked nothing like your brothers but more like your father's side cousins, and I was ecstatic and could not sleep. Your brothers also adored you and your father adored you and your grandmas adored you. You have been a blessing in my life and I am so grateful that we have had the chance to do the mother/daughter part of life. You are definitely one of my "tender mercies."

2 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

Thanks Mom! What a fun picture- I can't believe how fast time has gone since then. I'm being bowled on right now, but I am really grateful to you for all you have done for me, especially getting me here! Andrew's dad always sent his mom flowers on his birthday. I think that is very sweet.

I love you!

Vagabond Mother said...

Raymond sang his first real song today! He sang "Happy to you, happy to you!" It even sounded like the real thing. He's moving on up!