Monday, March 24, 2008

The Egg Hunt

After a tasty ham dinner inside, the family moved out front for the 2nd annual "Grandkids Easter Egg Hunt." Busy moms made sure the kids, food, and other necessities made it to grandma's house. Both forgot the Easter baskets. Their husbands made fun of my Walmart bag solution. Suggestion number two met with a better response. I managed to find five plain gift bags with handles. I couldn't quit visualize gift bags proclaiming "Happy Birthday" or "Congratulations" or even "Merry Christmas" on this special early Easter.
Sadie's dad helped her out with a bit of finger pointing.
Toby was everywhere. He was smart enough to wear his shoes which greatly helped his hunt through Grandpa's desert side of the garden. Barefooted Heather and Ruby also ventured into the gravel and rocks, until Ruby proclaimed, "I think it's better to walk on the sidewalk!"
TJ made out like a bandit. It took him no time to fill up his "bag."
Sadie and Ruby wore flowery spring dresses that made them a standout in Grandpa's front yard paradise.

2 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

The lawn looks amazing! Wish we were visiting the green instead! I guess I'll just have to wait a few weeks. I think your improv gift bags look great! Do you still have our old Easter baskets?

Susan said...

Thanks for putting on the Easter egg hunt. The kids loved it! Dinner was delicious, too.