Monday, March 31, 2008

This is not an April's Fool!

I really finally did it! The laundry room has been cleaned, painted, and revamped. The thing that I have been threatening to do for years has finally come to pass. It was the only room (besides the insides of closets) to have the original over 20 years old Navajo white paint. There are not any befores just afters. Befores would have simply been too embarrassing!

When I went to Target to get an organizer for the brooms and mops, I happened across the red boxes with black chalkboard paint. I could not pass them up. A perfect match for the cupboard door insets I had painted.
I still have the old white shelf from Janae's bedroom that I want to put over the washer and dryer. Dave, could you help me find the studs as that would definitely be the best way to mount it. Thanks to Ryan for putting the dryer back in place. I guarantee that neither Dad or I could have climbed out from behind up and over the washer. Remember how the plumber left a mess when he replaced the plumbing behind the washer. My solution to cover up the gap was a broken picture frame which I sticky tacked around the inset box.
Notice that there is still a hole in the wall. The original owners had planned to put an ironing board cabinet in. We couldn't find one to fit, so attached a fold down ironing board to the wall over the hole. I took it down and I'm taking it to DI. Can anyone out there help me out with a solution? Maybe some little shelves with molding. I'm open to all ideas. Please plan to see my new laundry room in person soon!

8 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, the laundry room looks great! I love it.

Vagabond Mother said...

I'm proud of you, mom, that looks like a lot of work! I love that paint color too, it all goes together nicely. I'm not quite sure what to do with that hole in the wall- molding and painting it with little shelfs would probably be cool, actually. We are excited to see you tomorrow!

j said...

I saw you doing that hard work last week and I think you really did a great job. I did not know about your painting skills : ) I loved it!!!

Vagabond Mother said...

Sorry your flight was canceled! Looks like the whole family is going on an adventure to pick you up tonight, though! Can't wait to see you!

Jess said...

wow what a lot of work :) To answer your question from our blog... by the time we have our baby around the first of June my mom will have 5 grandkids. My youngest brother, Adam, and his wife just had their first on March 22nd. My other brother, Mark, and his wife are due May 25th with their 2nd and then us :) Pretty fun!

Anonymous said...

HEY LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE HAVING LOTS OF FUN !!! I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG WHEN PLAYING ON HEIDI'S . HEY DO YOU NEED ANY COMPANY ON POWELL PRIDE I HAVENT BEEN IN YEARS .. YOUR FAVORITE COUSIN ------ INSERT FAVORITE HERE :)
JASON & HEIDI BAKER NOW OF LOGANDALE NEVADA..

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Oh my goodness...you have been busy! It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. I am trying to think of something creative to do in the hole... I kind of need to see it in person again so I can remember how big it is and stuff then maybe I will come up with something...

Christy/Mom said...

Laurel,
Wow-now I am depressed!! You have been very productive and busy! I love it. My big project for the week is copying a picture to my new blog! I'm glad Andrew is walking-I'm sure we'll see you up there. Maybe we should all plan a party!!!

Love ya-Christy