Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rabbit Tales


HAPPY EASTER
Let me share the tale of these two rabbits. They were a painting project back in my painting days that I just couldn't seem to make time for. I was pregnant with Nathan and had just been released as ward RS president. The kids had a long weekend off from school for Easter. I wasn't too excited about a road trip with the family since I was 8 months big. Glen and my mom, Velva, decided to take the kids and go to southern Arizona without me. They had a great trip visiting sites such as a missile silo and Kitt's Peak to see the giant telescopes. I was pretty happy to have some quiet time for myself and decided it was time to paint these rabbits for Easter. It was a great time to paint with no interruptions or needs to meet except my own. By the time they arrived back home, the rabbits were finished. They continue to make me happy at Easter time.

2 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

You are really talented, I love those rabbits! THey looks so bright and . . . German. I vaguely remember that trip with dad and grandma.

Vagabond Mother said...

P.S. Being eight months pregnant can be rough. I'm glad you had a break!