Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What I've been sewing


I've completed Set 8 of the Modern Farmer's Wife Revival Craftsy class by Karen Walker.  There were eleven blocks in this set.  I now have 81 blocks completed.  I bought some additional fabric to go with the Chloe's Picket Fence line from Moda that I purchased years ago.  I felt like I needed some more neutral and smaller prints so bought some cream with dots, pink with small dots, and added the small green gingham print that I had in my stash.  I haven't got a clue as to what I will use for sashing.  There are 31 blocks to go.


I love working on a seasonal project during the season.  I am making an autumn project to hang in the fireplace opening.  This is a free pattern, Penny Village, from Corn Wagon Quilts which I received during a Quilt Shop Hop over a year ago.


I have been working on the four side borders.  I traced the above pattern on freezer paper, cut out the shapes, and lightly ironed freezer paper pattern to the wool pieces, then cut the pieces out.  The freezer pieces were good for several pressings so I cut all the wool pieces for each panel out and put the pieces in four zip loc bags.


One panel also has most of the embroidery work finished.  I have started the second panel. The fabric in the background will be a border as well as the binding.


Those are the fabrics I will use for a patchwork middle.  I love this project and was lucky enough to hit the wool scrap basket on a good day at the quilt shop.


I finished the applique poinsettia for Saturday Sampler 2014/2015.  This will be a lovely Christmas quilt.  So there you have it, three very diverse but fun projects.

No comments: