Monday, September 22, 2014

Ode to Fall


Today is the official beginning of my favorite season, Fall.  What is not to love about Fall?  It is nature's last hurrah with enough shouting for everyone.  Hubby and I enjoyed a drive in the misty, rainy, colorful Utah mountains this weekend.


There were bits of color everywhere.


I've decided a misty day may be the best kind of leaf peeping day.


There was a kind of wonder to it all as sky met mountain.


I was thankful for a roadway that allowed me to easily participate. 


I love how the trees take turns being the star.


While the evergreens provide constant balance.


I'm known for loving red, but I also love the autumn colors which are so warm and inviting.


Don't you?


"Summer's loss seems little, dear, on days like these." - Ernest Dowson


"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot

2 comments:

RoeH said...

Love that! Are you living in Utah for a duration or like forever now? I'd take the latter if it were me.

Susan said...

Jealous!