Monday, December 23, 2013

Some Dr. Seuss


Oscar may be studying the listed life lessons from Dr. Seuss in his "The Cat in the Hat" playbill.


I like this one, "Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered."  I'm not sure that Thing 1 and Thing 2 behaved all that well in the play today.

(Special note:  Today a tender mercy was found in that playbill.  The list of donors through 2013 was listed and included this name, G. Ray Jensen.  I almost felt like Glen's brother was there with us and now we knew that he not only supported the Draper Community Theater, but this one as well.  It is still hard to believe that he is gone.)



Oscar, his parents, and his grandparents find the play to be most delightful.


Oscar loves this book and he giggled and helped fill in lines of dialogue and really enjoyed himself.  The empty seat was mine.


This is how the stage looked prior to start time.


This is how it looked at the end as the Cat in the Hat returned with his cleaning machine.  I borrowed this picture, but isn't it incredible how true to the book they were able to dress the stage.


The Salt Lake Acting Company produces a professional play for children each year.  I'm just sad that we have missed "Click, Clack, Moo, Cows that Type"  and "How I Became a Pirate" in past years. This company will definitely be on my radar in the future.


It was so fun to spend time with my youngest son and his cute family today.  Thank you for including us Nate and Nichelle.  Good times!

No comments: