Thursday, December 19, 2013

Countdown to Christmas


My Christmas gift to myself (okay, one of my Christmas gifts to myself) was the Midwinter Reds fabric that I bought so that I could participate in the Temecula Quilt Co.'s Countdown to Christmas sew along.  It was a mystery quilt but it gave me a reason for buying this lovely fabric.  I had forgotten that Temecula Quilt Co. likes to work small.


Each of those tiny star blocks measure at 2 inches finished!  So do the four patches.


I think this little quilt goes so well with my Provo family room red sofa and the lovely red work pillows that my sister Lynette made for me years ago.  This year she gifted me with the darling Santa made from a red and white antique quilt.  So cute!  I also have a teddy bear made from an old red and white quilt. 



 Lynette always does such nice work.


If she had made this quilt, the stars on the edges of the quilt would still have their points!


And why is the quilt called Countdown to Christmas?  There are 24 of those 2 inch stars.


I completed sewing my last Christmas gift this morning.  Isn't she cute?  I found an old Riley Blake fabric panel on clearance while shopping with Lynette.  She is just waiting for be wrapped along with those boxes.  I think Glen must help for those boxes represent his Amazon shopping spree.

1 comment:

larainydays said...

I loooove your Christmas quilt. I don't think I could handle squares that small