Friday, June 7, 2013

Arizona beauties


I found some beauties while in Arizona. I first planted hollyhocks at the front of the house.  They have since migrated and if one pops up, it gets watered and we wait to see what color it will be.
 

When we pulled into the driveway after a several week absence, this is what greeted me.


A pink hollyhock which blended nicely with Glen's radiant bougainvillea. So lovely.


So is this little beauty.  But she is also the most nervous she has been in her life.  She is singing her first solo in front of a crowd.  She sang "Sing" and I am so proud of her.


I told her the story about how my Grandma Georgianna told me to think of the color blue before my first piano recital.  She told me that blue would calm me.  It worked!  I'm not sure if it was the blue or my grandma sharing her love and concern.  I hope my story helped Ruby.  I sure do love my Ruby!


Her voice teacher also teaches piano and strings as well as voice.  Those in the recital ranged in age from new high school graduates to four year olds.


That same week, I was invited to another granddaughter's dance recital rehearsal.  This was a good choice as they allowed picture taking right up by the stage.


Cute little dancers waiting their turn.


And then they were on stage sharing all their cuteness.


And their joy.  So fun to watch my little Julianna own the stage.  Love you Julianna!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Awww, you got some great pictures -- I love all your beauties :) Julianna did a great job at her recital and I'm sure Ruby did well, too - she has a beautiful voice!