Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New book and flowers

Just the other day I was wondering if Jacqueline Winspear had a new book ready for me. The answer is "YES." This morning on FB I saw this. Elegy for Eddie will be released March 27th. It is the latest in a series of English mysteries set in the years following World War I. I love the character of Maisie Dobbs and I hope that BBC is noticing her as well. I think these books would make a great series.

The newest flowers blooming in the garden are these ranunculas. Have you ever been to The Flower Fields in Carlsbad, California in the Spring? They are amazing and located on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. There are ranunculas of every color.

There was wind last weekend but it did not totally knock down all the bougainvillea blooms, so now I give you the pink.

Glen planted pink and orange together.


It really is stunning!

2 comments:

Gayle said...

You sure do get to travel to a lot of wonderful places - I think next time you're in Utah I'll sneak into your suitcase so I can go too! This book series sounds good!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!