Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Heather's BD gifts

Heather was very gracious when her cousins received American girl doll beds for Christmas. There was envy in her eyes and she questioned her Uncle Andrew about being family too, but she didn't get nasty. Little did she know that there were two more beds hiding under a sheet in grandma's sewing room just waiting for her January birthday.

Before her birthday, I made two mattresses with matching pillows and machine quilted up this fat quarter that I have had on my shelf for years. It seemed appropriate since I had just received
The Quiltmaker's Gift from Heather's family for Christmas. While an elementary school librarian, I ordered this book for the library. It came as a gift pack with a fat quarter of material which coordinated with the book. It's hard to check out fabric from the library, so I claimed it as my own :)

A fat quarter is just the right size to back or make a quilt top for an American Girl size doll bed. I loved that the colors in the fat quarter also matched my birthday theme of items for Heather's Josephina American Girl doll.

I used this stripe fabric leftover from a quilting project to make a dress for Josephina using one of the original Pleasant Company patterns published 20 some years ago and now available as PDF files online. I had also purchased AG accessories including the golden colored shawl with embroidery and Josephina's doll. Heather was delighted.

3 comments:

larainydays said...

Heather is so lucky. Have I ever admitted to you my extreme American Girl Doll envy?

Vagabond Mother said...

Looks good mom!!

Susan said...

Heather is extremely lucky! Her grandma spoils her rotten :)