Thursday, December 22, 2011

Simple friend gift

These pincushions are this year's simple gift for friends. I first saw a tutorial for them here.

The tutorial did not add the button in the middle, but I thought it was a nice touch.

I used left over bits of fabric from other projects. The blue and brown pin cushions were made from what remained of the table toppers made for the Relief Society Broadcast Dinner and were given to the women I work with at church. The red, white, and blue pin cushions were made from what remained of an apron project a couple of years ago and will be delivered to special friends today.

I placed three decorative "Pincess" pins in each one which I had purchased from Chitter Chatter Designs last Spring.

The buttons were all found in my button box. The only thing I had to purchase new to complete this project was crushed walnut shells for the filling. I bought a bag from PETCO. It is most commonly used in the bottom of bird cages, but was perfect for this project. I love what I can find in my sewing room.

No comments: