Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas pillowcases

While in Utah, I was dropped off at Quilt Etc. while Glen went to an appointment. In the back classroom, I found pre-cut Christmas pillowcase kits in a basket. Better yet, they had already been discounted 30%! Realizing that I couldn't buy the fabric for the price, I decided to sew some up for the grand kids. They were a really quick project and I passed them out the Sunday before Christmas so that they would have a week of "visions of sugar plums dancing through their heads."

The girls thought they were soooo. . . cute! As always, Heather was asking if I had any leftover fabric. I had to explain that unlike a dress, pillowcases use up every bit.

The boys were less excited, but luckily Grandpa pulled out some bomb things which banged really loud when they were dropped. They were pretty excited about those.


The toddlers are still not using pillows. Oh, what to do?! Quilt Etc. also had fabric book panels, so Mabel and Oscar got soft fabric Christmas books.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Julianna's not using a pillowcase yet - she uses a big Princess Tiana body pillow - but that's okay because she thinks it's a blankie. And she loves it!

Heidi said...

They are so cute. what a cute idea.