Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Birthday week and Christmas

The week before Christmas, there is always this juxtaposition of Christmas decorations and birthdays. We celebrate two birthdays during the week before Christmas. We celebrated early with a cake and presents on Sunday. Susan and David have always shared their birthday time during the week that we also celebrate the birth of the Savior.

Before birthday clapping and birthday cake and ice cream, we watched this Christmas video, and I passed out this year's Christmas book, A Christmas Goodnight. We also colored, cut-out, and made these puppets and a puppet theater which I printed off from the book illustrator, Sarah Jane Wright's, web site.

I'm sure that Susan's mother would agree with me that a new baby born at Christmas time is a special gift. I still remember well my feelings as I snuggled a precious new born David at Christmas time.

No comments: