Thursday, September 22, 2011

This week's fabrics

I've been using these fabrics to make table toppers for a special yearly event to be held on Saturday.

The women who are members of my church from around the world will gather in their respective church buildings to listen by satellite to messages prepared just for them by church leaders. After they are spiritually fed, we will feed our local sisters (about 325) a simple bread and butter dinner partly in honor of the emphasis currently being placed on the History of Relief Society, thus the picture on the invitation of Emma Smith who was the first Relief Society president in 1842.

A book detailing the history of Relief Society was announced at the annual Relief Society Broadcast a year ago and was recently made available to all members. I am honored to be a part of this women's organization to which my great-great grandmothers, great-grandmothers, grandmothers, and mother all participated. I feel it has enriched the lives of generations.

The UPS man just dropped off this box and I am so excited. Once this busy week is over I can start my "Aunt Grace's Garden Party" quilt. It is a block of the month quilt (really row of the month so it looks like a garden) which I will receive a month at a time through next February. All those primary colors are making me feel a bit giddy!

No comments: