Sunday, June 19, 2011

A day to celebrate two ways

That little boy in the middle (you know, the one in red pants) is celebrating his 35th birthday today. How it that possible? Years fly by! His Grandma Elma bought out the red gingham at the fabric store and sewed her grandchildren matching outfits to wear to the Jensen Family Reunion at Murray City Park. Eric had just celebrated his 1st birthday.

Now he is not only a son, but a husband and father of four. I went to hear him speak to his church congregation today about fatherhood on his birthday which this year is also Father's Day. The topic was very tender to his heart, especially when he talked about becoming the adoptive father of Julianna. He is a very blessed man and I am proud to call him son.

2 comments:

Avis La Fin said...

I agree, Laurel. He's a wonderful man! You deserve to be proud of him. BTW, My father grew up in Oakley, Idaho, which is near Burley.
Julie

opht said...

good I agree,