Thursday, May 5, 2011

White garden

I loved the "white garden" I viewed on the Encinitas Garden Tour. After arriving back home, I realized that all things white were blooming at my house as well.

The red roses on the rose arbor have made way for the white.

Like I've said before, it seems that the red Don Juans always bloom first followed by the White Dawn climbing roses.

We bought them in combination packet from Costco several years ago. It seems they will never peak together.

It also seems that it is always the white hollyhocks which not only bloom first but are also the tallest and most hardy.

The Shasta daisies bloom again and again year round.


Seating on the white bench by the front door is heaven now that the gardenias are blooming.

Glen tried white begonias in some of his "Down Under" pots this year.


I love the white blooms with the green pots.

More hollyhocks, volunteers in Glen's rock garden, with a tinge of pink in the center.

More white in the back.

And also the jasmine, yum! The house where we stayed in California also had jasmine hedges. It made it smell like home!

Home is dry, dry, dry right now. The humidity was 2% yesterday. That is not a misprint! 2% is the driest ever recorded here although it has been 2% a time or two in the past. The humidity doubled today, now it's 4%!!!! My geraniums bloom and then the blooms are instantly desiccated.

That is why I use Lubriderm everyday. This is my absolute favorite body lotion. I don't feel fully dressed without it. Any ideas what I should use on the great big scab that is my nose? It is what remains of my San Diego sunburn.

No comments: